Thank you, Wolfe Butler, for nominating me for the above award as it is something totally unexpected. Like you I am not sure whether it is a way to get others to check out your blog or to learn about new ones. Either way, it is nice to be included by you.
Check out Wolfe’s blog as it has a number of interesting blogs on it, including a WIP https://wolfebutler.com/2018/07/07/the-versatile-blogger-award-wolfe-butlers-take/
The rules for the versatile blogger award:
- Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate bloggers for the award
Seven things to share about myself:
- I like using mind maps to encapsulate information on one page and add images onto it as a visual prompt as well. When printed out you can use them in a discussion and the others can write any aha thoughts they may have somewhere on the page.
- My blog is mainly based around these mindmaps and learning how to write the books you may want out of your brain and onto the paper. I do add some personal life blogs every so often. Recently I added a Friday Writing Group Prompt series consisting of short stories from those prompts.
- I have lived in four different countries in my lifetime and shifted homes on a semi-regular basis throughout my life. I guess I just got used to it as a child of a military man.
- I read a book a day or every second day; sometimes more if they are short, less if they are longer. I read both normal and digital books. For some reason most of the authors I read now seem to be female writers.
- I love to read books in public that make me snigger in delight as it makes others wonder if I do so because of the humour or some ruder type of content. If it is clean and they are interested I will read it out loud to them.
- My career was as a Registered Nurse which I did for very many years. I like to keep up with health information and answer health questions others ask of me or offer possibilities they can check on further. I was in the RNZNC when it was tri-service and spent time on each sort of base (army, navy and air force). Loved my time in the military.
- My father became a lighthouse keeper after his time in the army so I have spent long and short holiday times on three different lighthouses around the New Zealand coast before they were automated. One is a setting for a book that I am in the middle of writing.
My Nominations for the Versatile Blogger award are:
- Suzie Landau who writes about her travel and her way through life in all its ups and downs. She adds good photos to her words. Suzie is a joy to follow and read each blog she posts. Check her out.
- Connie J Jasperson also writes about writing. She has some very good ideas on how to write but also every Friday discusses classical paintings. Her obserations are very astute.
- Frank Solanki writes poetry that can be dark at times but has moments that make your emotions soar. He is always an interesting read.
- Joynell Schultz who writes on a variety of writing topics all of which I find contain information I want. She has a WIP that she is sharing online. She is an indie author of what she call speculative fiction.
- Gregory Patrick has had a hard life and he is using knitting and selling his projects to regain his life in a way that he is happier and healthier with. He talks about his knitting, his life and his relationships. I find him inspirational.
This would have been out on the Web earlier but something happened to the first draft and it disappeared for a while. I am not sure if it was the extremely bad weather we were having at the time upsetting our local network, something I did or because I was coming down with a virus and I just couldn’t concentrate properly. It is here and done finally. Explore these blogs and see if they are ones you would be interested in too.
2 thoughts on “Versatile Blogger Award Nomination”
Thank you so much for the nomination!
Very nice. I’ve always thought it would be the perfect life for a writer to be a lighthouse keeper. I’m sure you have many stories to tell. Thank you for sharing!